Following a significant investment in people and infrastructure over the last three years, Silverfish UK continues to expand rapidly, and in 2014 celebrated 15 years of premium distribution to the UK cycle trade.
We are a family owned South West based business with a team ethos, and we believe in supporting our employees and our local community. Everyone who works with us is crucial to our success and plays a vital role in helping us achieve our ambitions. Our progressive culture and drive to succeed mean we are able to offer varied and rewarding careers throughout Silverfish. We empower our team, invest in individuals and reward achievement. We also offer very competitive remuneration packages including company bonus, pension scheme and staff discounts. Silverfish is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for any of these roles please send your CV and remuneration details to firstname.lastname@example.org
If there are no current vacancies please feel free to apply speculatively - we are always happy to hear from enthusiastic, highly motivated, flexible and customer-focused individuals.
Silverfish are a leading UK based importer and distributor of cycling equipment dealing with an extensive range of premium products including some of the finest bikes, components, clothing and accessory manufacturers in the world. Silverfish have been supplying performance driven products to the best bike retailers in the UK since 1999 and as a company we continue to grow and expand our markets and territories. We pride ourselves on our range of high quality products and the quality service we offer our customers.Job Purpose
Based in Saltash, Cornwall, and reporting to the General Manager, you will lead on all aspects of marketing strategy, planning and delivery including management of budgets and staff to meet company objectives. The successful candidate will be an experienced senior marketing professional with knowledge of strategy development, campaign development, brand management, market research, resource management and a proven track record in the sporting goods market.
The specific duties of this post will include, though not be limited to:
Skills and ExperienceEssential:
- Undertake market research to inform overall business expansion strategy and identify market requirements for current and future products.
- Define and oversee the company’s multi-channel marketing strategy to drive B2B and B2C revenue.
- Define and oversee the company’s retail marketing/merchandising strategy to support dealer relationships and product sell through.
- Define and oversee a social media strategy to support brand recognition and consumer engagement.
- Define and oversee the company’s e-commerce strategy to drive revenue, enhance user experience and increase retention.
- Manage external digital suppliers to develop the company’s e-commerce platforms.
- Manage external agencies as required to deliver the annual marketing plan.
- Oversee the management of media buying across print and digital channels.
- Manage PR activity both at a company level and across the brand portfolio.
- Develop and manage high level marketing relationships with brands to ensure coordinated annual planning.
- Analyse potential strategic partner relationships to support sales and marketing plans.
- Manage analytics to optimise marketing performance across all channels.
- Manage a team across marketing, e-commerce, merchandising and event management.
- Manage marketing budgets and support business forecasting.
- Contribute to new brand acquisition approaches.
- Establish best practices across the entire marketing team to drive visibility and operational efficiencies.
- Work with sales and logistics managers to ensure visibility and coordination of plans to support sales and stock management.
- To build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on delivery to customers, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
- Experience of sporting goods markets.
- Developing strategic plans for marketing, e-commerce, social media and PR.
- Media experience ranging across print and digital channels and for consumer and trade audiences.
- Recruiting, retaining and developing high performance teams.
- Excellent high level written and oral communication skills and ability to build strong relationships both internal and external to the business.
- Methodical & lateral approach.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic with the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A flexible approach to work and a willingness to travel when required.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- A team player who will enjoy being part of a team which takes pride in their business, products and objectives.
- Good IT/keyboard skills including good knowledge of MS Word, Excel.
Terms and ConditionsApplying
- An interest or relevant experience in cycling
- A broad knowledge of bikes, components and accessories
To apply please email a full CV (detailing current salary/package) and a covering note outlining your reasons for interest and suitability to Sarah.Laing@silverfish-uk.com by no later than 5.00pm on Wednesday 20th July 2016. Initial interviews will be held on Thursday 28th and Friday 29th July.